Religious Trusts are trusts and NGOs that are created with the purpose to serve any particular or many aspect of a religion such is to build a religious monument/place, initiate a moment within the religion, work to fulfill the message, purpose of one or many part/teachings of religion. Religious Trust has appeal among religious people who shares mutual feelings.
- Section 11 to 13 of the Income-tax Act, 1961 deals with taxation of Charitable Trust/Institution, in addition to following as follows
- Section 11 provides the manner in which income is exempt from income-tax.
- Section 12 provides the income of trust or institutions from contributions.
- Section 12A provides the conditions as to registration of trusts, etc.
- Section 12AA provides the procedure for registration.
- Section 13 provides section 11 not to apply in certain cases.